Terms and Conditions
1. Whilst all reasonable care will be taken during the
execution of the works, no responsibility can be
accepted for any faults or failures that may occur to
existing pipework, fittings, equipment, etc. due to
disturbance caused by the proposed works.
2. The attached estimate is based on a non-intrusive
survey of the property and, as such, it is assumed that
any existing systems that we connect to are in good
condition and in working order. Should we find, during
the course of the works, any faults with the existing
systems we reserve the right to make a charge for
correcting same. Should the client fail to mention
any relevant facts relating to the existing installation
we reserve the right to make a charge for correcting
3. Dismantling, clearing and re-instatement of any fitted
cupboards, etc. to permit the proposed works to
proceed will be charged at extra cost unless specified.
4. If, during the execution of the proposed works it is
necessary to gain access into floors below fitted
carpets, these will be lifted by us and laid back on
completion. No re-stretching or fixing has been
allowed for unless specified. For floors covered with
thermoplastic tiles, vinyl sheet covering, cork tiles or
laminate flooring, no allowance has been made for reinstatement unless specified.
5. During the execution of the proposed works, it may be
necessary to isolate various water, gas & electrical
services. This will be advised in good time and the
period of isolation will be as short as possible.
6. Whilst all holes formed during the execution of the
proposed works will be made good on completion, no
allowance has been made for re-instatement of
decorations. We do not guarantee to match existing
brickwork where boiler flue terminals have been
7. No allowance has been made for casing in of
pipework or painting/decorating of the new works.
8. It has been assumed that unrestricted access to all
relevant parts of the property will be afforded to us
during the course of the works. Any delays caused by
restricted access not notified at the time of survey
may be subject to an extra charge and/or delay in
9. Where other trades are involved in the works and
these trades are not under our control any delays that
may be caused to our progress by these trades may
be subject to an extra charge and/or delay in
10. Unless specified the works will be carried out in one
continuous visit. Extra visits at the request of the
Client or caused by circumstances beyond our control
will be subject to a surcharge and may affect the
11. Ownership of any materials supplied, whether fixed or
unfixed, shall not pass to the Client until payment in
full has been received for said materials. We reserve
the right to take whatever legal action may be
necessary to secure payment for the works carried out
and materials supplied either fixed or unfixed.
12. No allowance has been made for out-of-hours working
unless specified or to suit our own requirements.
13. All dates or times given for the start of or duration of
the works are given in good faith based on the
information gained during the survey and our current
workload commitments. These times may be varied,
however, due to unforeseen circumstances i.e.
emergency call-outs, breakdowns, etc. or to
circumstances beyond our control. No liability will be
accepted if it is not possible to meet clients
14. The works described in the estimate will be
guaranteed for a period of twelve months from date of
completion against faulty design and workmanship.
The materials supplied will be subject to the
suppliers/manufacturers guarantees. The Client’s
Statutory Right in law are not effected by this
guarantee. This guarantee does not extend to
existing, installed equipment, pipework or fittings.
15. Whilst certain items may be specified by name or
model, we reserve the option to supply goods of a
different manufacture providing they shall be suitable
for the purpose intended.
16. Any items or materials supplied by the Client or others
for our fixing will be unpacked and inspected in the
presence of the Client. Any faults found will be
pointed out to the Client whose responsibility it will be
to obtain replacement items. Any delays caused by
faulty or damaged items may be chargeable, may
result in us withdrawing from site and may affect the
completion date of the works.
17. Any additional works that the Client requires to be
carried out whilst the specified works are being
executed will be charged at extra cost. An indication
of such cost will be given and the Client’s agreement
to same will be obtained before the additional works
18. This estimate is open for acceptance for a period of
30 days providing the works can be commenced
within 90 days both periods from the date of estimate
and thereafter may be subject to revision or
19. Terms of payment are given on the estimate for the
works and it is a condition of acceptance that these be
adhered to. We reserve the right to charge interest at
the rate of 5% above Lloyds TSB Bank plc’s current
base rate per month on overdue accounts.
20. The price specified in this estimate does not include
for the removal of any dangerous waste materials
such as asbestos found when carrying out the works.
This will be subject to an extra charge.
21. Acceptance of the Estimate confirms acceptance of
22. Prior to commencement of work involving gas
appliances, the existing gas supply will be subject to a
soundness test to check for compliance with Gas
Safety Regulations. Any faults found will be advised
to the Client and any rectification works required may
be subject to additional charges.
23. Should the works include a powerflush of the existing
heating system, it must be pointed out that, whilst this
treatment is generally harmless, depending on the
condition of the existing components the process may
find weaknesses in the system. Should any such
problems be encountered then any rectification works
required may be charged at extra cost. The customer
will be asked to sign a waiver confirming this point.
24. Should the works include a new combination heating
boiler unit connected to an existing heating system,
the Client should be aware that the higher pressures
used by this type of boiler may find weaknesses in the
existing system. Any repairs required in this respect
are not included in this estimate. The customer will
be asked to sign a waiver confirming this point.
25. This estimate does not include for any parking fees
levied in Controlled Parking Zones (CPZ’s). Any such
fees incurred will be passed onto the Client at cost.
26. It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that all
children and pets are kept away from the areas in
which we are working.
27. If the proposed works are being carried out in a
leasehold property it is the sole responsibility of the
Client to ensure that all necessary permissions have
been obtained in writing from the landlords/managing
agents. We accept no responsibility whatever for any
works carried out without the necessary permissions.
We can furnish details of the proposed works if so
required at possible additional cost.